In this day and age any practitioner who is working with others using the system of Reiki requires insurance coverage.
If you are a Member of Shibumi and you decide to list yourself as a Registered Practitioner (Shibumi RP) or Registered Practitioner and Teacher (Shibumi RP&T) you will first need to be covered by insurance.
Shibumi can help provide you with reasonably priced coverage through Balens Ltd.
For a Shibumi RP or Shibumi RP&T, the cost is £66/year for £3,000,000 coverage.
Also available: Higher levels of coverage and multiple modality coverage.
What is Covered?
- All premiums include full retroactive cover for previous work performed.
- The Cover is £3,000,000 or per section, any one claim, with unlimited number of claims in the year, plus unlimited defence costs are covered in addition. There is no excess
- Wide definition of cover is clear and is not restricted to treatment only. Cover includes Medical Malpractice, Professional Indemnity, Public / Products Liability (claims in this section do not reduce the amount covered for other sections of the policy as is normally the case in other policies) and Products Liability (provided for unlimited sales to clients and for up to £15,000 sale to non-clients).
- Teaching and Student Work cover (running a school can be covered separately).
- Includes Libel and Slander cover.
- Loss of Reputation expenses to help repair damage to your business in event of a claim against you
- Breach of Intellectual Property, Client Confidentiality Protection cover,
- Temporary Trips abroad are covered without a time limit (ex USA and Canada). Ex-UK Domiciles may be covered upon request
- Loss of Documents cover included £50,000
- First Aid cover as well as Good Samaritan Acts.
- Run off on cessation of cover or practice is included whether your scheme stays with this insurer or not at no charge whatsoever! There are no restrictions or conditions. This is a Major improvement on what is usually available through other insurers.
- We include an upgrade of cover feature that protects you against the effects of inflation and rising court awards – this cover is a pioneering hybrid offering the advantages of a claims occurrence policy with features normally only found on a claims made policy, but with none of the disadvantages, particularly around the issue of discontinuing cover and possibly being uninsured later on if a claim is discovered. Many wordings give conditional “unlimited” or time restricted run off cover if you cease the policy at any time.
- Includes Disciplinary Hearings cover, plus Pre disciplinary hearing legal advice up to £1000.
- Students can be covered for all work prior to qualification, subject to adequate supervision and safeguards
- Wide range of activities can be insured from the non-invasive to the more invasive types, as well as non treatment related work and advice – our definition of a “Health Professional “ or “Health Business” and the various types of situation covered is extremely wide.
- Flexible underwriting to accommodate changes in your practice
- No additional charges for routine changes to cover or duplicate certificates
- Also Included is a Legal and Taxation Package through DAS and covers Criminal Defence and other costs up to £100,000!
Get Insured Now
Request an insurance form from us which will provide you with the details on how to purchase insurance before becoming a Registered Practitioner or Registered Practitioner and Teacher. Insurance forms can be found in your account at Shibumi.